Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 13 Update

Well, apparently I've hit my plateau.  I knew it would happen eventually, and at least it happened after I already lost my goal of 15 pounds!  I was pretty good during Week 13 and worked out 6 times, but it seems my body has finally hit a wall.  Here's the recap:

Physical Activity:
-4/27/13: ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes
-4/28/13: ran outside for 45 minutes, went 4 miles!
-4/29/13: ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes
-4/30/13: BODYATTACK
-5/1/13: BODYSTEP
-5/2/13: ran outside for 40 minutes, went 3.2 miles

My office did a 5k walk/run to raise money for Boston last week, and I decided to run it to get my workout in for that day.  I got off to a slow start because I was walking with my coworkers for about the first half mile but then I took off and did the rest of the route running.  I'm happy with the knowledge that I can actually run a 5k the whole way without stopping, so I decided to sign up for a 5k race that my friends are doing in June.  That's another one of my challenge goals to check off the list!

Food:
Food and drink could probably have been better during Week 13, but it also could have been worse.  I drank more than I normally do last weekend, and I also had friends visiting this past weekend so that combined with the cinco de mayo beerfest that I went to yesterday means I didn't start Week 14 off in the best way that I could have either.  Because of that, I decided that from now until I leave for my Outer Banks trip, which is about 2 1/2 weeks away, I'm not going to drink any alcohol.  I don't think I drink too much or anything, but I definitely think alcohol impacts the choices I make in regard to food, and alcohol inhibits the fat-burning process, in addition to it's other reasons for being something you should avoid when trying to lose weight.  I really want to focus on getting the most out of the last 2 weeks of my challenge, so it's time to detox!

Cooking:
I made 2 recipes during Week 13 to make up for the fact that I didn't have time to cook anything the week previous.  One of the dishes I prepared was this Three Bean Salad recipe that I got from my mom, and the other was a recipe for Portobella Mushroom Pizzas!  Those came out great, they were essentially mushroom caps stuffed with sauce and cheese and then baked.  They were deee-licious and I'll be posting the recipe later this week.

Weigh-In:
As far as my weight loss results for week 13, I lost...

0 POUNDS!!!

I think I was probably so happy that I had already lost my 15 pounds that I was more lax during the week and therefore didn't continue to lose weight.  Also, I think at this point my body has adjusted to my new levels of fitness and it will be even more difficult to continue to lose weight.  The number on the scale stayed the same, but that's okay with me.  I'm happy as long as I'm not gaining back the weight I worked to hard to lose! 

There was another important milestone I reached last week that meant more to me than losing an extra pound would have.  You see, there's this pair of jeans I own.  I bought them sometime in late 2011/early 2012, and if I'm being honest, they were probably too tight for me even when I bought them.  I still wore them, but by fall of 2012 they were ridiculously tight on me to the point that I could barely get them closed.  I stopped wearing those jeans for a long time because I just plain couldn't.  Those jeans have been in the back of my mind ever since I started my weight loss challenge.  I refused to try them on throughout the last 13 weeks because I wanted to use them as a benchmark for my progress at the end of the road.  Well, since I lost the 15 pounds, last week I decided to put the jeans back on.  I almost cried when I realized that not only can I get the jeans on again, they fit PERFECTLY, even better than when I first purchased them.  Seeing real, tangible change like that means just as much to me as seeing the numbers on the scale decrease every week, so even if I don't lose any more than the 15 pounds I was initially aiming for, I'm satisfied with knowing that I have clearly changed my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment