Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 11 Update

Week 11 seemed like just another week to me in terms of my eating habits and my physical activity.  I didn't do anything too crazy or different, but still achieved amazing results, which is totally fine with me!  Nothing too special to note so this post will be a little shorter than usual...

Physical Activity:
-4/13/13: ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes
-4/14/13: ran outside for 35 minutes (went 3.5 miles)
-4/16/13: BODYATTACK
-4/17/13: BODYSTEP
-4/18/13: swam laps freestyle for 20 minutes, 650 meters total

I can finally run 3 miles without stopping!!!  Never in my life did I think I'd be able to do that.  It just goes to show you that practice makes perfect and if you keep at it you really can make progress.  I found that when I run outside I can typically go faster than I do on the treadmill, so I was pretty impressed with myself for that too.

Food:
Nothing too special happened during week 11 in terms of food challenges.  I ate well consistently throughout the week and still went out and had fun with my friends.  I'm only human, and there have definitely been weeks during this process when I splurged a little too much or binged on the weekends and then had to make up for it throughout the week.  Week 11, luckily, was not that kind of week.  It was smooth sailing over the weekend and during the week.

Cooking:
I tried out a new quinoa recipe last week, but this time it was quinoa with lots of yummy veggies mixed in and a lemon-basil dressing.  It was a great summer salad that was filling and delicious, and I was able to eat the leftovers all week long.  Recipe coming soon.

Weigh-In:
Let's just get to the good part already!  For the first time I actually wasn't too nervous about my weigh-in.  I was confident in the fact that I had done well all week long and pretty much expected to make my 1 pound goal with ease.  It was nice to not be freaking out before getting on the scale for once!  Little did I know that I actually over-achieved last week, because in the end I lost...

2 POUNDS!!!

That's right, 2 pounds last week, which brings my total weight loss in 11 weeks to 14 pounds!!!  I still have 4 weeks to go in my challenge and I'm only 1 pound away from my goal weight!  It's such an amazing feeling to know that I'm almost there.  I'm going to carry out my plan through the full 15 weeks to see if I can lose more weight than I initially hoped and work on my other goals as well.  Here's to hoping the last month of this challenge goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment