Staying hydrated is important for your health and fitness for gazillions of reasons, but here are just a few:
- Usually when you first start to lose weight, you lose water weight, so you need to drink enough water to avoid dehydration during this initial stage.
- Also good to note, dehydration slows down the fat-burning process, therefore the more hydrated you are, the faster your body can trim fat!
- Burning calories creates toxins, kind of like a car letting out exhaust, and water helps your body flush out those toxins.
- Drinking water before meals can make you feel full faster, and thus more satisfied with less food. Many of the times we think we're hungry, we're actually dehydrated.
- Add lemon! This is for the person with a sweet tooth who usually opts for sugary drinks like pop or juice. Try squeezing some lemon into your water to make it a little more palatable without adding tons of extra sugar.
- Drink a glass of water first thing when you wake up in the morning. This will rehydrate your body after hours of sleep with no water.
- Drink an entire glass of water before each meal. This will help you feel full faster, and if you're eating 4-5 small meals a day, this guarantees that you'll drink at least 4-5 glasses of water.
- ALWAYS drink water during a workout. ALWAYS.
|Doesn't that just look so refreshing?!|