Friday, March 15, 2013

Workout Song of the Week: Gnarls Barkley

This week my workout song comes as a suggestion from my good friend Shannon.  I'm sure he'll be happy that he FINALLY gets a mention in my blog!  He had recommended this as a workout song a few weeks back, and as soon as I heard it I understood why.  It's so upbeat right from the beginning and really motivates you to get moving.  This week's workout song is: Gnarls Barkley "Run (I'm A Natural Disaster)"


The music video isn't bad either, you should check it out!  If the fact that the song is actually named "Run" isn't enough to convince you that it's great for cardio, the energetic combination of Cee-Lo Green's unique vocals and Danger Mouse's hot beats will surely win you over.  Their soul sound provides a great rhythm for running, and the song is just short enough to be perfect for a quick sprint on the treadmill when you're trying to pick up the pace.  Listen and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon can't be a 'he'---better fix that.

    And is that Justin Timberlake hosting Soul Train, like, OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh.. Shannon's famous!!!.. LOL.

    ReplyDelete